Tuesday, January 11, 2011

So this is the New Year


10 points if you got that the title post is the first line in a great song by Death Cab for Cutie.
So I usually make grand resolutions. Not so much this year. I have been reading in all of blog land about people picking a word or theme for the new year. No offense but my very first inclination was to roll my eyes but then I thought that it wasn't a bad idea.
So I didn't pick a word or theme but I did pick a song. I have been hearing this on the radio a ton due to the Expedition rejecting my Ipod adapter (which really makes me mad at the big blue hulk). Every time I heard it I thought "this is exactly what I need right now!" So guess what. It's my theme. I hope to rock a club or two but mostly just Celebrate and live my life.

But I do not condone scantily clad women working in a chop shop and certainly not welding with very little in the way of protective clothing!

So as for the fam. We get a theme too. Somewhere along the line my girls started thinking they are the most important people in the world. I'm not a big fan of the whole diva/princess mentality so this is my effort to nip it. We had an FHE about who the Coaches are and how a team has no ONE person more important than the rest. I even have a yellow card/red card system. Sweet. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Regina said...

that was me with the amen.

iamwoman said...

I LOVE it. The scantily dressed part, that is;) heehee.

Sarah said...

Love the yellow card and red card. Hope all is well. Much love!