Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christ the Savior is Born

Today has been nice. The girls are playing away with the dolls they have. I have to say if there is an advantage to having a "special needs" or "delayed development" child it is that I keep a little girl for a nice while. She and Carolina are playing house and barbies and baby dolls for hours already today. I dread the day when she is too cool to play those things. Collin is tucked in asleep with now a 3rd blanket to add to his must sleep with list. He got a Buzz Lightyear blanket from Anna and a Woody from Santa. That has kept him occupied since 8 a.m. I have a wreck of a house and a nap under my belt which suits me just fine.
I want to pause on this blog of mine and say to whomever still looks at it and thus cares what I have to say that I believe in Christ. His birth to me means the beginning of an example, the beginning of my redemption, my saving. He is the only means by which I have found happiness here and has proved so necessary in my imperfect and messy life. I am grateful for Him and that through him I gain forgiveness. He is my Redeemer and King. I will leave you with a line from my favorite hymn that states
"I believe in Christ, so come what may."
I don't always feel brave and up to life's challenges but that helps me quite a bit.
PEACE!

3 comments:

Regina said...

A simple thank you from your Mother, who is so grateful for you!

FoxFamily said...

Hey friend! I love you! That is my favorite line from a church song too!!! I Believe in Christ, so come what may!" Amen sister. Amen!

karin said...

Very well put.

We (and by we I mean me) were discussing NorCal and moving there but it looks like we are meant to go to Texas.